Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.
-Helen Keller Let Us Have Faith

Thursday, August 4, 2011

On my mind...


My mind has been on Josh Graham a lot lately. Maybe it is because the two year anniversary of his passing just barely came and went. Maybe it is because even my small little boys have recently asked about him after seeing a hat they recognized as Josh's. Maybe it is because in my mind I can still hear his laugh, or because I admired the way he honored God and his family as first in his life (and given our circumstances, we try to make sure those are always our first priorities).
Maybe it is because I have been thinking about the 5K, about the scholarship in his name and about what all of it must mean to his family. I think about what it means to me, as someone who thought of him as more than a friend, but like a big brother. It is healing. It is honoring every minute of the life he lived and tried to share with his family. Josh made sure he took his family on adventures. He wanted them to see some of the amazing things that Heavenly Father created to beautify and add diversity to the world we live in. The following are a few pictures of the adventures that Josh and his family took together!




This 5K is more than a race. It is a chance to carry on and honor Josh's life and the way he lived it. It is giving of ourselves in the name of giving someone the opportunity to further their education and enable them to embark on their own adventures. The scholarship is unique-- in that anyone wishing to receive a scholarship to help with the financial burdens of a college education can apply. There are no restrictions or specific qualifications. 
To register for the race, click here on www.active.com. It is affordable for the entire family to participate and participate in an adventure together. 
To donate to the Josh Graham Memorial Foundation (to which all proceeds go to a USU scholarship fund), email me at jbaumgarten@ubtanet.com.



1 comment:

  1. After seeing your story in the Vernal Express, my husband and I realized Josh had spoken in our ward. His testimony and strength in the gospel impressed me. We know he must have influenced MANY people for the better. My husband Aaron plans to run the race tomorrow. Thanks for inspiring us with your blog.

    ReplyDelete